Thursday, April 29, 2010

Craftless in Alaska

I owe you all an apology.

I haven't been posting as much as last month.

But the snow if finally gone! I live in the interior of freaking Alaska where it's winter for 9 months of the year! I want to be outside!!!!

You see in addition to my elation about the return of the sun, April and May are an extremely busy time for me and my family. Both of my kids were born in May and their dad was born in April...so were 3 grandparents, a friend, an aunt (my sister), and an uncle (brother-in-law). What with all those birthdays, Easter, Mother's day, and the not so occasional new baby, you would think I would make more stuff. And I do! But you've seen it all before: mushrooms, mushrooms, ninja head, and more mushrooms.

Perhaps I'll just post a picture every time I make a mushroom....except that would get boring for you...unless you made a game of it...you could start a betting pool on when I'll post the next mushroom...but I digress.

Also, for some reason, I haven't been doing a whole lot of crafting the last few days. Which is bad considering I have a couple of projects to complete for Mother's day and one for a birthday the day after Mother's day.

I need to get off my butt and get to work!

I have plans to have the kids finish up the kid friendly batiking that I tested out and that they started. The plan is to make my mother a ninja head set for Mother's day and sew up the batik fabric I made--the pretty parts of it at least--into a credit card pouch for her and one for my sister. Slap the kids' batiked fabric together to make a couple of wall hangings and viola, we have presents! And here will definitely be pictures of them.


Has anybody out there created anything lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment