Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Have you seen these at the craft store? (or LP Album Art)


Have you seen these at a craft store and wondered to yourself: "Do people even HAVE LPs (records) anymore? I did. And then I kept on walking. Because we don't.

A few months later, I had a calendar that I was particularly fond of and I realized the frames could be used for other purposes. Here's what I used mine for:


We now have some beautiful wall art that cost me exactly $12 total to create (the frames were on sale). AND it's interchangeable. So when I get sick of the two dragon scenes we have up now, I can pull out some of the others I saved and replace them. Easy peasy. :)


 
Something else that would be fun is to put a scrapbook page in the frame. If you wanted, you could even embellish the outside of the glass to give it a layered look.

A framing tip:

To keep dust and other junk out from under the glass, I employ a double whammy technique: canned air and glass cleaner. Blow all of the dust and debris off of the inside of the glass, then spray it with glass cleaner and dry thoroughly. This will give you a nice clean surface to look through.

Who knew an LP frame could be so versatile? :)

What have you been up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment