Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wreck This Weekend: Post Five

Another weekend is here to wreck. Welcome back!

The Wreck This Weekend Mini Series has been a great motivator to getting pages in my journal done. I'm really glad it's a weekly feature for the blog.

Here are the pages I've been working on:

August 1st
Kid friendly batiking prepared me for this page.

August 2nd
The black paint is me trying to do something a little differently. I'm still not sure if this different is good or not...

August 3rd
Dirt is awesome.

August 4th
I used a bunch of different coins and two necklaces for this page. One of the coins is a Latvian 1 lats coin with a mushroom on it. Can you find the coin?

While you're looking, try to find the smooshed penny with Spongebob and Patrick on it, too. It's like Where's Waldo, you know, except with pencil rubbings and not some happy little guy in a stocking cap.

August 5th
This one is a work in progress. 

Finding stains is hard work when you're actually looking for them. Maybe I should try not to stain the page. Then I'd be sure to find some stains for it. Either that or I could give it to a pregnant woman to wear as a bib. There's nothing messier than a preggo eating a meal. At least that's the way it was for this preggo anyway.

Because I feel bad for having a half finished page for this day, I'm adding another half finished page. I have been slowly accumulating stickers for this one. I'd have to be crazy hungry to eat enough fruit to fill this page with stickers in one day so it's going to be a work in progress for a little while.

August 6th
Something about pushing really hard on a page while drawing is cathartic for me. I'm not sure why this is, but it is.

August 7th
Any excuse to cover my hands in paint. This one was fun. I got to mix up some paint for it, too. :)

(Sorry for the picture quality from August 2nd on. I had to use my back-up camera and it's not as good as the Canon Rebel is.)

What did you do this weekend? Been wrecking anything? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment