Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's Banner Time!!

(Not to be confused with Hammertime--although that is fun too.)

My blog was pretty plain until last week. There was just

Made in My Free Time
Sneak some creativity into life!

in big letters at the top.

Well, slowly I've been adding things like a Who That? page and a Blogtastical Goodness page. Take a look around. You might just catch me in my kookiness...you never know...

Anyway, part of this was designing the banner that you see above. Or (for when I change the banner in the future) this:

Click the image to see a larger version

I couldn't decide between a ninja and my rocker mushroom for a mascot. And while I'm a sucker for all things mushroom, I'm going with the pixelated ninja for now.

Also, since I am without Photoshop, I used Microsoft Paint to design the ninja. Ah, Microsoft Paint, how do I love thee and yet not at the same time. And then put it all together in Publisher. Not a bad way to go, but not the best either.

Honestly, I am just not happy with the quality that I've got going right now. It's too soft. But it's a start because it's more than just boring old words.

The ninja lets you know that you've got to stay on your toes. You never know what could pop out to thwack you with a throwing star. Because that's just rude.

Feedback? Good, bad, and indifferent: Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment