Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mushrooms, Mushrooms, Mushrooms!

I love mushrooms.

As a teen, I used to spend hours drawing/coloring mushrooms to hang on my wall. I'm not sure where it all started, but I love them.

So naturally, I decided it would be a fantastic idea to crochet one.

The first amigurumi pattern that I ever created was a mushroom. In fact, here is that first mushroom right after I made it:


I didn't have a pattern, the right sized crochet hook, or the typical mushroom colors (red and white), but I did it anyway. It measures about 4 inches tall by 2 1/2 inches wide or so. My kids love it.

The process went well, so I bought a smaller sized crochet hook and I made another mushroom. Then another. And another.

Since the creation of the first mushroom in the beginning of February, I've made tons more.

I perfected the pattern so that the mushroom will stand up on it's own and I've even reworked the mushroom pictured above with a smaller crochet hook.

Here are a few more of them:

I've given them away as gifts and I have even made a trade in which I got a really nice soy candle in exchange for a mushroom.

I've also made a mushroom trivet for my Grandma:

And some mushroom afghan squares for a blanket that I will make for myself *one day*:

The sky is the limit with mushrooms! I've made all of these projects in my free time since the second week in February.

If I can do this in a couple of hours a night here and there, then imagine what you can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment