Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Needless to say...

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!

I just got done making a few things. Interestingly enough, none of them are green.

Wait! One of the projects has a teal interior...there's green in teal so there you go.


This is a needle book. For those of you that don't know about them, it's a place that you store your needles when not using them.

I was inspired by this post over at Craft Blog. Of course I had to make it my style with a little bit different finished look and I didn't have any buttons so I had to make ties, but it was still my inspiration!

Well, I've been needing a needle book for some time and I refuse to buy it if I can make it. That tends to mean that I go without things for awhile, but it's how I roll. So we have tons of those little wheels-o-needles all over the house because I can never find a needle when I need one.

Well I will have that problem no more! This brightly colored needle book should fix us right up.


It's made from a printed quilter's fabric (outside) and some teal felt (inside). I added an extra layer of each fabric in the middle to give it a little bit more cushion and to help the teal not to show through on the outside of the book. (There was probably an easier way to do that, but this was my method.) I wanted the extra cushion because I'm clumsy and stick my fingers all the time. I figure making it thicker than two layers of fabric will help save me from a few extra pin pricks to the fingers. That would be really nice.

It was a fun little project that took about 45 minutes to an hour to make.

I made it in my free time! Really people, if I can do this, then imagine what you can do in your free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment